As a small charity, we rely heavily on charitable donations from trusts, foundations and the general public although we are unable to commit large amounts of funds to fundraising events or activities .
We appreciate all the support we get!
Donations can be made in many different ways:
- By sending a cheque made payable to Basis Yorkshire
- Set up a Direct Debit to become a regular donor – please get in touch in regards to this
- By donating through our justgiving page
- By signing up to GiveasyouLive – a % of your online purchases from any major retailer is automatically donated to Basis Yorkshire
- Nominate us as your chosen charity on Amazon Smile
What are donations used for?
- £5 could buy two food parcels
- £10 pays for over 100 condoms
- £75 pays for one evening outreach session
- £20 pays for one hours one-to-one specialist support for a young person
In kind donations:
Having an office clear out or de-cluttering at home? Still have some Christmas gifts lying around? Let us know!
Although our space is limited, we are always in need of:
- Toiletries (toothbrush, towel, showergels)
- Clothes (particularly smaller sizes)
- Non- perishable food items (chocolate, crisps, tins, hot chocolate for outreach!)
- Plastic bags (for food parcels
Why not watch this video to find out more about our work with women and young people.