What Support we Offer
Basis Sex Work Project is a sex work support project for cis, trans and non-binary women working in the sex industry who live or work in Leeds. We provide non-judgmental, free and confidential info & support for workers in all sectors of the sex industry and adult entertainment industry including independent and agency escorts (whether you work from flats/apartments/hotels), sauna workers, pro doms, webcammers and others providing adult services.
We provide safety, information and support on the following (please click through for more information):
- Sexual Health & Safer Sex Practices
- Safety, Ugly Mugs, Sex Work Liaison Officer & Support around Sexual & Domestic Violence
- Health & Wellbeing Support
- New Futures
- Migrant Sex Workers
- Laws and Rights
How can I access support?
We can come to your home/place of work or other convenient place. No waiting in queues and seeing different staff – it will always be the same Basis worker and we understand the need for discretion and confidentiality. We can even offer full sexual health screening options on an outreach visit.
We run drop-in’s at the Basis Office (94 North Street, LS2 7PN) On Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday afternoons 1pm till 4pm, on alternative Mondays & Wednesdays we have a drop-in clinic. At the Wednesday clinic smear testing is available by the nurse Vicky. You can also get all screening, contraception and some treatments at drop-in.
Getting in touch
- Call, text, WhatsApp or email our Sex Work Outreach Worker Gill:
- 07710 304 306
- Call or email the office (10am-5pm Monday to Friday):
- Contact us through our Facebook page
- You can leave us a message on our chat feature on this website. Just click on the ‘chat with us’ icon on the bottom right hand corner of the webpage and will we get back you.
- For over 3 years Basis has been carrying out net reach to let women who advertise and/or work online know about our services, should they ever wish to access them. We have profiles on some of the main online advertising platforms and sometimes for research purposes, to help with service development, we will message people.
- We have a thread on SAAFE forum which we update regularly.
Monthly Indoor Sex Worker Evening Meet-ups:
This meet-up is for indoor based sex workers, cam girls, independent escorts, agency girls, and women working in the adult film industry. It’s held on an evening, the first week of the month. This is a sex worker-led group, intending to be a safe space where conversations can be had, questions asked, peer links and friendships made, and peer support offered. This group is also an opportunity to share your best safety and privacy tips , support each other, swap stories in a safe, non-judgmental space, and meet like-minded folk.If you are a new worker, or you’ve been doing it a while and feel you can help others, please consider coming. Remember, this is a sex worker-led group. Your space, your group. Emily will just be opening up & providing the cake! Contact her for more details.
We have been providing confidential info and support services to women working in the sex industry in Leeds for over twenty years and are very much committed to providing rights-based, person-centered info and services. We respect the diversity of the sex industry and the people working in it. We are aware that some people choose to access services others do not, but we are always here if you need us. Basis is committed to sex worker involvement in service development and delivery, so if you want to get involved and help us by volunteering or supporting ongoing sex worker community initiatives please do get in touch. Click here to find out more about how you can support Basis.