Basis Sex Work Project is a sex support project for women (incl. transgender) working in the sex industry who live or work in Leeds
We provide non-judgemental, free and confidential support for sex workers in all sectors of the sex industry including:
- Independent and agency escorts, parlour/sauna workers, and women working from flats/apartments/hotels
- Street sex workers
- Student sexworkers (street and indoor)
We provide safety, information and support on:
- Sexual health, safer working practices and condoms
- Personal safety and Ugly Mugs
- General health, harm reduction and wellbeing
- Access to housing (incl. Housing First) and benefits
- Practical support (food, clothes, toiletries)
- Positive Change (moving on)
- Employment , Education and Training
- Support for migrant sexworkers
- Sex worker rights
Please feel free to tell anyone that you think might benefit from our services about what we do and how they can access our services. If you wish to refer someone specifically, this can only be done with their explicit consent. We now have a Sex Work Referral Form, so please fill it out or contact us if you need any assistance.
Outreach or drop in services
- We visit women at their place of work, home or at a location where they are comfortable and which is convenient
- We can offer prison visits and have a monthly session on Tuesday afternoons at Together Women’s Centre in Newhall Prison
- We have drop in on a Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday afternoon between 1.00pm and 4.00pm at our office on 94 North Street, Leeds, LS2 7PN
Basis Training offers an Open Course on Working with Sex Workers as well bespoke training, now available online. For more information, or to book onto any of our sex work related training courses click here. Our training is based on our own evidence and local and national research and delivered by expert trainers, all of whom have frontline experience as well. All income generated by the training is used to support our charitable work.
Resources and Publications
Basis regularly contributes to research and produces resources – you can find many of them here.