The STAGE Project offers women (16 and over) support to address and overcome experiences of sexual exploitation.
If you have and/or are still experiencing sexual exploitation our STAGE worker Rebekah Vickers can support in the following ways:
- Emotional support – home visits and/or on the phone
- Recognising exploitation and managing risk
- Navigating the health system for physical and mental health needs
- Supporting you or advocating for you in multi-agency meetings
- Access to housing (refuge, supported or independent), benefits
- Access to the criminal justice system (reporting to the police, going to court)
- Moving on (accessing training, education and/or employment)
- Enabling your voices to be heard and sharing learning with key stakeholders locally and nationally
If you would like to support (or for professionals) if you would like to refer someone please email us for a referral form (link to email@example.com) or ring us on 0113 – 243 0036
The STAGE project brings together women’s sector charities GROW, A WAY OUT, Together Women, Basis and WomenCentre (Kirklees and Calderdale) to work across the North East and Yorkshire in areas where there are emerging, live and recent sexual exploitation investigations. Earlier this year the partnership was successful in securing £1 million through the Department of Digital, Culture, Media and Sport’s “Tampon Tax Fund.”
The STAGE Project will provide trauma-informed support for vulnerable women who have been groomed for sexual exploitation in eight local areas across the North East and Yorkshire. STAGE will undertake research into survivor experiences and the impact of support, producing a toolkit to enable this approach to be replicated nationally.