The STAGE Project offers women (16 and over) support to address and overcome experiences of sexual exploitation. Now in its 3rd year the STAGE Project continues to provide trauma-informed support for vulnerable women who have been groomed for sexual exploitation in eight local areas across the North East and Yorkshire. Last year, the program were proud to co-produce a Toolkit for working with Survivors of Sexual Exploitation.
If you have and/or are still experiencing sexual exploitation our STAGE worker can support in the following ways:
- Emotional support – home visits and/or on the phone
- Recognising exploitation and managing risk
- Navigating the health system for physical and mental health needs
- Supporting you or advocating for you in multi-agency meetings
- Access to housing (refuge, supported or independent), benefits
- Access to the criminal justice system (reporting to the police, going to court)
- Moving on (accessing training, education and/or employment)
- Enabling your voices to be heard and sharing learning with key stakeholders locally and nationally
If you would like to support (or for professionals) if you would like to refer someone please email us for a referral form (link to firstname.lastname@example.org) or ring us on 0113 – 243 0036
The STAGE project brings together women’s sector charities GROW, A WAY OUT, Together Women, Basis and WomenCentre (Kirklees and Calderdale) to work across the North East and Yorkshire in areas where there are emerging, live and recent sexual exploitation investigations. Following a number of years of funding from the Tampon Tax, the consortium is now funded for another 2 years from the National Lottery Community Fund.